Your health and safety, and that of our team members and other patients, is our greatest concern. If you feel sick, have a cough, fever, or any other symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who was sick in the past 14 days, please stay home and reschedule your appointment. Likewise, we are asking our team members to stay home if they feel ill or been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms.
While the situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want you to be aware of the steps we are taking to maintain a healthy and safe environment for everyone:
- We are accepting scheduled appointments only. We are not accepting any walk-ins (people without an appointment) at any of our facilities until further notice. This is to ensure that we have time to sanitize the office between appointments.
- If you have an appointment, we are asking you to arrive close to your appointment time, or to please wait in your car as you will not be allowed into the office any sooner.
- Non-contact thermometers are being used to ensure everyone is without fever prior to entry (staff, patients, and other visitors). Please be prepared to have your temperature taken prior to entry.
- We are asking all patients and those accompanying them to wear a mask to their appointment, if possible.
- We are calling patients in advance of their appointments to confirm that they are not feeling ill, or haven't had contact with anyone who was sick in past 14 days.
- If you need any supplies such as batteries or wax guards, please call our office and we will send them to you by mail. A $5 shipping and handling charge will apply. Please note: A higher shipping and handling charge will apply to repairs or anything with significant value that needs to be shipped with insurance.
Precautions we are taking in our offices:
- We're scheduling time between each appointment to clean and sanitize surfaces.
- All door handles, waiting room surfaces and chairs are being sanitized throughout the day.
- Testing booths and surfaces are being sanitized before and after each patient is seen. These include "high-touch" surfaces and items such as headsets, doorknobs, faucets, and chairs.
- We are washing our hands and sanitizing frequently throughout the day, and are asking our patients to wash their hands when they arrive.
- Hand sanitizer is available for your convenience in the common area and exam room.
- We are maintaining a "hug free/hand shake free" zone until further notice.
- We have temporarily removed items that pose a risk for cross-contamination (books, magazines) and have suspended complimentary coffee and tea service. This is for your safety as well as ours.
- HEPA air purifiers with UV Germicidal protection have been installed in each office (Therapure 240).
We are aware of the growing concern you may have. Please know that we are here for you. We value you as a patient and ask you to work with us through this challenging situation.
On behalf of the entire team at Hearing Doctors, we wish good health for you and your loved ones.
All the best,